About me - professionally
I have partnered with political, civic, business, faith leaders, entrepreneurs, and philanthropists. I've founded numerous initiatives and helped many organisations to see significant growth. My 40 years work experience in corporate, charity, voluntary, music & faith sectors includes Barclays, Fujifilm, Gillette, ABB, Technicolor, National Children's Bureau, YMCA, and Tileyard Studios.
- I love to work with Trustees, Boards, executives and leadership teams.
- Certified Facilitator for The 6 types of Working Genius®
- During 2020 & 2021 through online coaching I was able to help clients survive and identify ways to thrive through and since the global COVID pandemic.
- A proven track record supporting job search, change, and promotion.
- I help individuals, couples and families to fulfil their potential.
- I see clients who may not feel ready for, or have a bias against, therapy or counselling. This includes areas such as work / life balance, relational acumen, anger and disappointment, confidence and getting unstuck.
- As a development manager I've delivered around £15m of property projects: a tower block, a dilapidated pub into a youth centre, added 10 studio flats as a new wing onto a grade II listed building, other social housing, plus multiple office and studios, inc. Dolby atmos, writing rooms, live booths, photo cove, video / podcast rooms, and many office refurbs.
Humble, hungry, smart: I started my career as a junior making the tea but overcame lowly and unpromising beginnings to become a CEO. I've done many disparate things, failed often, achieved much, and am still learning.
I live in London and am happily married with three adult children.
- I love travel, golf, walking, fishing, rugby union, music, good food and conversation.
- I play football twice a week.
- Favourite places are home, Lords & Ronnie Scott's and wherever I'm on holiday!
- I helped set up a 24-track digital recording studio.
- I was a DJ in London's west end playing to crowds of 1500.
- I played amateur football winning national honours, then 120 semi-pro caps including an FA Cup appearance. I run Friday football a 7-a-side game founded with friends in 1998.
- I spent 7 years as a single-father after my marriage ended in 2001. This led to a significant personal journey through therapy, counselling training, supporting other single parents, and writing and leading a Dads & Lads course. I remarried in 2008.
- My wife and I support couples considering (re) marriage, especially those blending families as we have done. We wrote and (from 2014 - 2022) delivered an extra session / seminar termly for HTB's Pre-Marriage Course, which hosts over 400 couples annually.
"Coaching has honestly transformed me. I feel much more confident, positive and expectant about life. It’s really strengthened me and I don’t visit those negative places anywhere near as much as I used to. [Anon]"